Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Lovely Weekend!!!

...Our friends the Martinez came to visit over the weekend and we had a great time! Now I am back onto the blogging world with more memories, a replenished pile of embarrassing moments (mine and others), and some new pictures. ... First we went to the park on Saturday and watched our brothers play baseball. Not necessarily the most exciting event for us watchers, but it looked like they were having fun. That night we girls watched "North and South", by Elisabeth Gaskell. On Sunday we visited a church together and afterwards spent the evening engaged in a stimulating discussion. (I am sure it will be followed up in the future:) Monday the roller coaster junkies (and a few who were not sure yet) went to Six Flags. My best friend Johanna and I stayed home and read a book I had written for her last April. Then Tuesday we played a few final games of "catch phrase" and "Mafia" as well as watching a video recording of Johanna's visit to us in WA, before they had to get on the road. ...All together it was a delightful visit! We hope to return it in November, maybe around Thanksgiving Lord willing.......

1 comment:

Martinez Family said...

I hope and pray to see you again soon! Till then I have wonderful and dear memories to help the time pass quicker! Your loving sister in Christ, Johanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails