Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Pages of my Bible

The Word

The pages of my Bible are dirty and grey, And honestly I love to have them that way, Every dark stain has a story to share, Of sorrows and hopes, conviction and prayer. The man whose Bible is crisp and clean, Has not beheld anything worth being seen, A life that's well lived is measured in use, By the way God's used him and his Bibles abuse. Do you treasure the Word of your Father? Martyrs blood, prophets bond, Spirits labor, Jesus life, our song and salvation, The seed and growth in tribulation. This is the fire which burns in the night, This is the comfort in times of fright, This is the only book that's really alive, You can read it through but never arrive. This is the Word of God, Never stop reading....

Lauren East

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words, Lauren. I keep becoming more and more aware of how little I know of my Father's word.

Blessings,

Abigail @ Pearls and Diamonds

Related Posts with Thumbnails