Friday, July 17, 2009

My Dying Heart

I have loved the Lord in a perfect way,
But my body is so far from heaven,
Fresh experiences and sparkling days,
The secret burdens won't lessen.

Two conflicting hearts beat within my chest,
One longs for spiritual joys and meaning,
The other empty worldliness,
And the church bells still ringing.

I'm looking at a face, and it's mine,
I can't describe the coldness, no heartbeat,
"God rest her soul" is the line,
Bloody water covers me head to feet.

Someone I was has just died,
There wasn't enough room inside,
But to keep me alive I was crucified,
With a lamb on a cross in a river wide.

I'm looking at His face, the agonizing pain,
Etched in the heat of hell and fiery sand,
Two bloody pools like guilty stains,
Drip from the mans outstretched hands.

And all around Him the sea is crying,
Great tears that sting the salty wounds,
Slowly, Gods Son is dying,
 His heartbeat is the only sound.

All the while I feel almost dead,
My bed is in the midst of the sea,
The water climbs above my head,
His right hand holds me.

The heartbeat stops,
I'm gasping for air,
"My God, my God, are you there?"

Suddenly I'm ethereal without care,
Blinded by swift lightnings glare.
A single heartbeat in me grows,
And it longs for the slain lamb,
Who took all my fleshly woes,
Into His great I AM.

Lo the heart that beats within,
Is fashioned after His own,
Paid is my steep debt of sin,
By a Savior on Heavens throne.

Up from the waves we wildly burst,
Resurrected from ashes of deathly night,
Dried up is my well of worldly thirst,
The one who lives is Christ. "

Lauren East

"I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" Romans 7:22-24  

"There are three that bear witness on earth; the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one." 1 John 5:8  

"I have been Crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20  

"If I ascend into heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me." Psalms 139:8-10  

"Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?...We were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead to the glory of the Father, even so we should also walk in the newness of life." Romans 6:3-4  

"For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin." Romans 6:5-7

1 comment:

SavannahLynn said...

Wonderful reminder Lauren!

Related Posts with Thumbnails