Friday, May 7, 2010

~To be, or not to be, Eliza Doolittle?~

~Most of us have probably seen Audrey Hepburns film "My Fair Lady". Long ago I fell in love with the films delightful music, witty banter, lovely costumes, and of course, the timeless Audrey playing "Eliza Doolittles" character with such spunk and charm.

~So imagine how flattered and intrigued I was when a dear family friend asked me to "play" the part of Eliza Doolittle in a charity fundraiser next month! Of course my first inclination was to accept, but, it is being held one state over and would be a bit of a drive, so, I am not sure. Still, if it works out, what a wonderful opportunity! My duty's would be to "dress" the part and sing Eliza's song "Wouldn't it be Loverly" (with a microphone, oh horrors and nervousness!) while handing out prizes...

~To be, or not to be? I'll update later on the final decision!

"The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves,
but how she is treated." - Eliza Doolittle (Audrey Hepburn)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails